General InformationFSE 2014 will be held in the Charles K. Kao Auditorium at the Hong Kong Science Park. The Auditorium (a.k.a. “the golden egg”) is named after Professor Charles Kao, a Hong Kong scientist who won the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physics, to honor his groundbreaking achievements concerning the transmission of light in fibers for optical communication. The auditorium offers free WiFi internet for web accesses and each seat is equipped with a power socket and a convertible table.
Note: The venue offers only free WiFi for web accesses. Mobile phones need to use SIM cards with internet support to receive messages at Whatsapp or non-web-based clients.
Annotated Floor plansPDF version
How to get here?
- Take public bus KMB 272K from MTR University Station (~10-minute drive). Bus station is outside Exit B of the MTR station.
- Take public minibus No. 27 from MTR Sha Tin Station (~20-minute drive). Minibus station is at Pai Tau Street and near to IKEA. See the figure below.
We will arrange student helpers at the above mentioned bus/minibus stations to assist our delegates. For how to travel to the two MTR stations, please refer to the MTR system map.
Near the Venue
- Food shops: Science Park offers a diverse choice of dining places spanning different cuisines. A list of restaurants is available on the park website.
- Retail shops: You can get common supplies at Circle K, Fusion, and The Contact Store.
- Banks: For withdrawing cash, you can visit HSBC ATM, SCB (Standard Chartered Bank) ATM, and Wing Lung Bank.
- Medical: The Human Health Medical Center and Nong’s Chinese Medicine Clinic are located in the park for your medical needs.
Geographical map powered by Google.
View Larger Map